I love quinoa but many quinoa recipes have left me with a soap, mushy mess. This recipe is bright with colors, textures, tastes, and smells. Best of all, this quinoa gets better and better as it sits and marinades in the dressing.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 cup of cooked corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 fresh scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (if you don’t like cilantro, you can use mint instead)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk very well to combine. Set aside.
Add the cooked (and cooled) quinoa to a large serving bowl. Add everything to the serving bowl with the quinoa, except the avocado. Toss very well to combine.
Give the dressing a quick whisking again to combine and pour it over the salad. Top with avocado and lime zest. You can also add another small handful or two of the fresh scallions and fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the salad immediately at room temperature or chilled.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Tastyyummies.com.