Pineapples, bananas, oh my! These are so yummy and moist. The recipe calls for nuts and I’ve made them with and without. I use white whole wheat flour and a scant 1/3 cup of sugar. I also make these in a mini muffin tin, which yields about 10-12 cupcakes, and bake them for 19 minutes. I never have the time or patience to frost them and I haven’t missed the frosting yet. Make these! You will not be disappointed.
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (120g)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (120g)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (30g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil (30g)
- 1 cup spelt or all-purpose or Bob’s gf flour (135g)
- only if using the gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup xylitol or sugar of choice (65g)
- pinch stevia or 1 extra tbsp sugar of choice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour wet into dry, and stir until just evenly mixed. Pour into the muffin tin and bake 19-20 minutes or until muffins have domed and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to sit 10 minutes before removing from the tins. Optional: frost with favorite frosting.
Recipe and photo courtesy of chocolatecoveredkatie.com.