This was the first recipe I made using raw vegetable noodles and zucchini noodles are my favorite. You will need a julienne peeler for this recipe, which isn’t that expensive and doesn’t take up much room in your kitchen drawer. The pesto on this recipe can be found here and for the record, DH thinks this is the best pesto he’s ever had. The oven dried tomatoes are just perfect and all together this is an awesome and fresh meal.
- 4- 5 medium zucchinis
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pesto (recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Clean and halve one pint of cherry tomatoes and toss in a splash of extra virgin olive oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle with a generous dash of sea salt and spread on a cookie sheet, seed side up.
- Roast tomatoes for 90 minutes
- Use a julienne peeler to create zucchini noodles stop peeling when you get down to the seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl combine noodles with two tablespoons of pesto (more to your preference) and mix well.
- To serve: divide noodles into two bowls, top with cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Recipes and photo courtesy of ahouseinthehills.com.